Saturday, February 28, 2009

So What Have I Been Up To Lately?

I have been sooo busy, it's crazy.  Most of it is school.  Its my senior year here at the UW so that means senior projects.  Sadly, school has to come first (that's not the sad part!) so I have had to put jewelry making on the back burner until I get more of my school work accomplished.  I have about 2 weeks (until spring break) to get so much done and I'm so not ready! Ahhhhhhhhhhh! When will it stop?!......*June*.......

I managed to make these cool earrings this past week:

IMG_4603

I have fallen in LOVE with these GORGEOUS earrings.  You really have to see them in person to understand their beauty.  Lucky for me I bought a long strand of these Golden Rutilated Quartz briolettes, so I can make a pair for myself.  These beauties has wonderful golden inclusions like golden splinters fixed in every direction.

IMG_4612

As for this second pair of earrings, I think they are just amazing.  I love the look of fancy cut nuggets.  Very organic and still have that "I've just been dug up" look, although in reality they look so much different coming out of the mines :)  They're very bohemian chic, finished with 2 sterling leaves.

Okay well I hope you enjoyed my new earrings, I love them!

Okay back to homework now...

3 comments:

  1. I love them too! Forget studying - make earrings! If you ever need anyone to you know, test run you pieces....holler at me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your work! The first pair is wonderful! I'm going to etsy store to check out more!
    Thanks for visiting my blog!
    ~emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Rutilated quartz is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online