Saturday, February 7, 2009

Good peridot is so hard to find

I found some today...but I can't afford it.  No, it is not overpriced, I think the price she is asking is fair ($90) considering these are large and super clear stones.  Most stones I come across have many many inclusions and brown specks inside and are very expensive. These are an excellent example of good peridot.  Perhaps another day, though...

peridot

A cool fact about peridot: it is the only gemstone found in meteorites.  Cool, huh? Well I thought so.

3 comments:

  1. Very cool about the meteorites! Peridot is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is.... :) It's been on my stalking list for a while. I knew I liked it best for some reason. We gotta find that meteorite planet place!

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online