Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Moss Kick

I can't get enough moss!  I've been really interested in little plant terrariums, inspired by some of the finds on Etsy.  Yesterday I was visiting a park that had so many beautiful moss clumps everywhere and I was inspired to make terrariums like the ones I've been drooling over for so long now.

The result:

terrariumterrarium2 terrarium3

I just mixed some leftover peatmoss soil I had lying around and some of the humus (decomposed leaflitter mix) from the forest and plopped the moss on top.  I have at least 3 varieties in my little jars and fish bowls. 

Terrariums are cool because the humidity within the glass containers will create a little rain effect, allowing the moss to take care of itself most of the time.   Hopefully they will take and I can get some little miniatures (I want teeny little animals) to place in them.

google.com Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online